Can map generator settings be retrieved?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
realm174
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Can map generator settings be retrieved?

Post by realm174 »

I started a new map, with modified (from default) settings, played with it a while, then realised I wanted to make some adjustments. In other words, I wanted to start a new game, with the settings I had before, but slightly modified. Is there a way to retrieve the settings from a saved game? Furthermore, is there a way to make the settings stay from one game to the next, so that once I find a set of settings I like, that I can create other maps with the same settings without having to go through the whole selecting from pulldown menus again?

thanks!

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Can map generator settings be retrieved?

Post by kingarthur »

if you want to reuse the settings from the map you can open the map and then hit reset to create a new map with the same settings and seed. if you do this make sure to make a new save right away so as to not over right the old one.

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kinnom »

you can also get the map exchange string from the bottom left in the load menu
no yes yes no yes no yes yes

realm174
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by realm174 »

Thanks guys, that helps part of the issue.. I can replicate the map/settings, but I can't view/change those settings tho, right?

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

If you load your map exchange string into a new map it should update the settings for you and you can adjust from there.

realm174
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by realm174 »

Nexela wrote:If you load your map exchange string into a new map it should update the settings for you and you can adjust from there.
Ohhhh that worked!! You're my hero of the day!! Thank you soooo much!

Return to “Gameplay Help”