Help me find my ideal game settings.

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
RoddyVR
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Help me find my ideal game settings.

Post by RoddyVR »

I want to set up a game that will have the following settings:
resources:
iron and copper Low frequency, high size or richness, or alternatively not very rich, but infinite (like oil is now) after running out.
Coal, also low frequency, but not as rich or big, dont need as much.
Stone, small poor patches but much more frequent then iron/copper.
Oil, if i can get it to be "patches" that have many pools, but each pool isnt very rich, i'll be very happy. If it has to be just lots of poor pools spread out evenly, i'll deal with it too. right now i keep getting either a ton of high yield pools, or very few pools that starve my factory once they run out.

Bitters, i think i want to have a LOT of bitters everywhere (or have them spread like crazy to everywhere except the starting area), and if they give not much in the way of artifacts, that'll balance the numbers well.

Starting area, large, or very large, with good patches of each ore (and atleast some oil) so i can get through most of the science with it before having to had out to fight the bitters.

I've tried to achieve this with default game, and either get way too much resourses in my starting area (that i never need to go outside) or get almost non outside it.
Tried with RSO, but that experiment is currently failing, cause i dont have enough oil outside the starting area (had to drive a tank around for half an hour to find a half dozen pools) and i'm not too clear on its config file to figure out how to change the oil settings. It also seems to almost nullify bitter expansion.

I dont mind having to set up many outposts, as long as they arent extremely close together, and do pay for themselves (poor patches just dont pay for themselves). and i think i want to try a game where i really have to fight to get through to where i want to set up my outposts.

I think i saw some sort of infinite resourses mod somewhere at some point, but cant find it right now, if anyone has a link, please post it so i can figure out how it works and what exactly it does.
Also if someone can tell me how to set the settings for RSO to get what i need, that would help a lot, cause i cant figure out how to get it to do oil how i want (it constantly just makes WAY too little oil for me).

If something close to what i want can be done with base game, that would be great, but i cant seem to do it.

Edit, oh, forgot about water, big boddies of water are fine, and i'm fine with being somewhat resticted in my large spaces (because it balances out by having bottle necks to kill bitters in), but i dont want it to be so that i end up landlocked and have no way to expand.

Edit2, made the beggining of the post a little more clear (i think), and fixed a bunch of grammar mistakes, sorry.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Help me find my ideal game settings.

Post by daniel34 »

RoddyVR wrote:I think i saw some sort of infinite resourses mod somewhere at some point, but cant find it right now, if anyone has a link, please post it so i can figure out how it works and what exactly it does.
Endless Resources: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =14&t=3130

Makes all the ores in the game and ores added by mods infinite, like oil. That means that ores don't have an amount displayed, but show ores/second. Also means that you can never empty a patch, it just starts to look thinner and thinner.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Return to “Gameplay Help”