Any way to hide the score box?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
SteelRodent
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Any way to hide the score box?

Post by SteelRodent »

Like the one that says "Rockets sent". Having it constantly on screen annoys me, especially since it's so big and not transparent - and having it on screen constantly really isn't helpful or useful in any way. Like I fired off a rocket, or two, or three - no need to have it on screen constantly. It shrinks with the GUI scale, sure, but that shrinks the quickbar too, which I don't want.

Actually ended up going back to an earlier save (before the launch) just to get rid of it.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Any way to hide the score box?

Post by Koub »

Do you have a mod or something ? I don't remember seeing this on vanilla.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

sillyfly
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sillyfly »

Koub wrote:Do you have a mod or something ? I don't remember seeing this on vanilla.
It certainly is a vanilla thing. It only appears after you've sent your first rocket (with a satellite).

prg
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by prg »

Run something like game.local_player.gui.left.rocket_score.destroy() and edit the save game's control.lua so that it's not put back again (just remove the whole on_rocket_launched block if you don't care about the score)
Automatic Belt (and pipe) Planner—Automate yet another aspect of constructing your factory!

SteelRodent
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by SteelRodent »

prg wrote:Run something like game.local_player.gui.left.rocket_score.destroy() and edit the save game's control.lua so that it's not put back again (just remove the whole on_rocket_launched block if you don't care about the score)
Thanks, this worked :) Commenting out the code block seems like a safer method than deleting it (just my experience), but I wonder if the game wouldn't just put it back if I send off more rockets?

Either way, it's just that the box is so obvious that's annoying. I could see it being useful if it was like "Rocket sent: 3. Days until rescue: 23,342"

Return to “Gameplay Help”