Train station and circuit network

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
imajor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Train station and circuit network

Post by imajor »

I'm trying to connect one of the train stations to the circuit network, but I don't really understand how it works. There is a check box on the train station circuit network panel (mode of operation, send to train). When this is checked then it is clear to me that the circuit network signals are sent to the train, and it can be used in wait conditions (correct me if I'm wrong). But what if I uncheck it? I was expecting that in this case the opposite happens, the train content is sent to the circuit network, but it seems it is doing something different. What I want to do exactly is that I want to load some repair packs to the train, but not more than like 50. Before 0.13 I was doing this by setting a filter on each wagon, only let the repair pack to go into one slot, but I was hoping that in 0.13 I can do this without the need of initializing every wagon before I set up a new train. Any help would be appreciated.

saturn7
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Train station and circuit network

Post by saturn7 »

Afaik, if you uncheck it, the train station does nothing at all, and there is no way yet to send the content of the train to the circuit network.

There are some suggestions about that, though, so I hope the devs are aware of it.

imajor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by imajor »

Thanks. Meanwhile I found FFF #138 where this is mentioned:

"Train Station - read the contents of the stopped train and control trains by disabling/enabling the station"

So it seems the original design was somewhat different? Being able to read the train content was the number one request from me (and it seems it was part of the original plan) so I'm surprised and disappointed that it is not in 0.13, while there are so much improvements to the circuit system.

Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Twinsen »

Yes, unfortunately the feature was pushed for 0.14, the next version
Currently you can only use the circuit connection for circuit wait conditions in the train.

gacekssj4
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by gacekssj4 »

Is it in 0.14 yet?

imajor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by imajor »

I don't think so. 0.14 is an unexpected release which only focuses on multiplayer. 0.15 will contain all features which was originally planned for 0.14. But correct me if I'm wrong.

Return to “Gameplay Help”