[MOD 0.11.22] Galactic Trade Mod

Topics and discussion about specific mods
coopmaster
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.22] Galactic Trade Mod [WIP]

Post by coopmaster »

Devildog wrote:Latest And older versions cause game to Black Screen on new game / Loading a game.

*EDIT : Only Got Versions 1.0 , 1.1 , 1.2 Work on Factorio Version V0.11.22
Sorry it has taken a while to respond. Are you running any other mods? Are you sure you're running 0.2.3 of my mod? Have you let it sit a while (it can take a while to get all item values for the first time if there are a lot of items from mods)? Are you running a new save or an old one? Vanilla with a new save should work just fine assuming both the game and the mod are the latest version.
Creator of the Galactic Trade mod

coopmaster
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by coopmaster »

keyboardhack wrote:Error:

Code: Select all

Error while running the event handler: __GalacticTrade__/control.lua:376: Unknown style long-handed-burner-inserter_gt_button_style
Error Cause:
Items from other mods are added after GalacticTrade styles are created thus not creating a style for them so when GalacticTrade tries to make a button for the item it can't find the style and instead throws an error.

To fix it:
Rename data.lua to data-final-fixes.lua

Why it works:
GalacticTrade now makes its styles after all items have been added to the game thus preventing any mod from creating items after the styles has been created.
Can you tell me what mod you are trying to run with it, because I am unable to reproduce any errors with mods. Also make sure that you followed all the instructions for adding compatibility with my mod. It seems like you might have missed the step where you add syles.lua to the other mod folders and add the

Code: Select all

require("styles")
line to the data.lua .

coopmaster
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by coopmaster »

aureon wrote:Have you thought of, rather than enabling the player to build universal chests, spawning 'outposts' with chests far away from base, with said chests being limited to certain items?

I guess it's a modmod idea, and i may just make it after 0.12 hits if you allow me to use your code : )
I want to make it to where you can build the chest anywhere in your factory for now. I will think about your idea more an maybe implement something like it. You are welcome to make a mod that mods my mod (oh english how you can be confusing), If you want to do something like that what I suggest you do is make a mod that has my mod as a dependency and with that you can change recipies, remove items, and do your own thing with what my mod has to offer. I do plan on making my code a bit cleaner later on (it probably needs a full rewrite). If you ever decide to do it post the link to the forum post and I'll put it in the thread.

Devildog
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Devildog »

Tried with my mod pack - Failed.
Tried with Vanilla no mods but the one on a new map - Failed.

The three versions i did try did work with all mods an vanilla.

Black screen happened on 2 computers.

A Quad core and a 8 Core with Factorio/mods on ssd.
Check Out Factorio Mod Madness 2.0 Here : http://bit.ly/1afTDl0
Mod Madness ModPack

coopmaster
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by coopmaster »

Devildog wrote:Tried with my mod pack - Failed.

Black screen happened on 2 computers.

A Quad core and a 8 Core with Factorio/mods on ssd.
In the latest version I made it to where it calculates the values of all items in the game, if you have a lot of mods that takes a while. If you don't give the raw resource values in the config.lua it takes longer. If you link me to the modpack I can get those resource values for you. In the next update I will have it to where there is a loading bar when its getting those values.

PROTOS
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by PROTOS »

its a nice mod if you like galactic

Devildog
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Devildog »

coopmaster wrote:
Devildog wrote:Tried with my mod pack - Failed.

In the latest version I made it to where it calculates the values of all items in the game, if you have a lot of mods that takes a while. If you don't give the raw resource values in the config.lua it takes longer. If you link me to the modpack I can get those resource values for you. In the next update I will have it to where there is a loading bar when its getting those values.

I dont think it would be a great idea because im running nearly every mod on the forum lol.
Check Out Factorio Mod Madness 2.0 Here : http://bit.ly/1afTDl0
Mod Madness ModPack

coopmaster
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by coopmaster »

Devildog wrote:I dont think it would be a great idea because im running nearly every mod on the forum lol.
Next version will make loading the values a lot quicker, so I suggest waiting. If there is any kind of list you can give me of the mods you are using that would be helpful so I can include item values in the mod config for you and other people to use. Also if you want to you can help me determine the value of some of the items that don't have recipes (so what would be going into the config.lua).

ikodan
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.22] Galactic Trade Mod

Post by ikodan »

Hello,

I don't understand how to change the items in the buyable list. In your screen you have the upgrades modules, not me :

2 - Your mod is very buggy, 2 minutes after the logistics trading chest (buy) bought iron, copper, and circuits, they disapears (but not dytech's liquid handler for exemple)... Nice.

coopmaster
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.22] Galactic Trade Mod

Post by coopmaster »

ikodan wrote:Hello,

I don't understand how to change the items in the buyable list. In your screen you have the upgrades modules, not me :

2 - Your mod is very buggy, 2 minutes after the logistics trading chest (buy) bought iron, copper, and circuits, they disapears (but not dytech's liquid handler for exemple)... Nice.
There is an updated version for 0.12+ here. The 0.11.22 version was very buggy, yes, but I think you will see that it has gotten better. There are instructions on the forum post and in the config.lua on how to add items for latest versions. The versions in this thread are no longer supported, so if you have any problems with them I'm probably not going to fix it.

Return to “Mods”