[MOD 0.12.x] Reverse Factory

Topics and discussion about specific mods
binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Reverse Factory

Post by binbinhfr »

Hi,

very nice mod, thanks for your work, but is it normal that the time progress bar is on the top of other icons ?
could it be more on the right, under the list of icons being recycled ?

My mods on the Factorio Mod Portal :geek:

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

By the way, when you input a odd number of item for reversing a recipe that creates 2 items, teh recycler is blocked, waiting for a last item (ex : iron stick)

A solution could be : "while reversing a multiple product recipe, if during 3 seconds the input queue si not complete, then send the input utems to the output and proceed with the other incoming inputs".

Because I have a chest and an inserter at the input of this recycler, that I use as a trash, and it is often blocked by such recipes.

judos
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by judos »

This is a cool mod. I just tried it out a bit but ran into a problem when running it with other mods.

It seems that in your final-fixes.lua file you do:

Code: Select all

local name = string.gsub(recipe.name, yuokiSuffix, "")
and this leads to problems if the item is actually called something like "-recipe". So basically factorio will start with "error in assignID, item with name packager-empty does not exist."

Actually the item was called "packager-recipe-empty" which defines custom packaging recipes.

Can you add a check like:

Code: Select all

if not data.raw.item[recipe.name] then
   local name = string.gsub(recipe.name, yuokiSuffix, "")
end
Actually I still get the error then for the item "he-shell-mk4-speed" with a quick grep I found that SupremeWarfare_1.0.5 adds this item. :?

TheRenegade
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by TheRenegade »

Is there any way to easier reduce the amount of materials one gets back from recycling things? I'm kinda in the mindset that I should be getting 50% of the materials back from recycling, is there something I can change in a config to do this?

Oh and this. True, its only annoying if you are sitting there with it open watching it, but it would be nice to have it properly placed.
binbinhfr wrote:Hi,

very nice mod, thanks for your work, but is it normal that the time progress bar is on the top of other icons ?
could it be more on the right, under the list of icons being recycled ?

Kryzeth
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Kryzeth »

In case anybody wanted this, here's an updated version for Factorio 0.13. Literally just changed two lines in the info.json to mark it as a 0.13 mod instead of 0.12. That is a well-coded machine, that it can update so seamlessly. Well, with the exception of the randomly long bar covering the items glitch =P

...haven't actually used it in-game yet (still accumulating mods) so might be premature celebration. But I'm sure it works fiiine
Attachments
reverse-factory_1.1.5.zip
(59.79 KiB) Downloaded 148 times

Doskan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Doskan »

Would be really cool if enemies drop random minor loot, like digested (damaged) armor o... pickaxes or... i dont know, thing to recycle basically :?

Kryzeth
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Kryzeth »

Officially unofficial 0.13 mod release on the Factorio mod portal:
https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Kryzeth/reverse-factory

Updated slightly from the version I posted here before. Will be updating it there regularly if needed. Can't let this wondermod die!

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

Yes very nice mod, thx for the update. and for the no-ingredient recipes correction.

Taniotoshi
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Taniotoshi »

Hi ! The mod isn't dead.
I just couldn't work on this recently.

I was also waiting the release of the 0.13 to add the mod on the platform at https://mods.factorio.com/
If you had time to work on this, you can submit your modifications as a pull request on GitHub.
I can also add you on GitHub to work on the project if you want. Just send me your username ;)
The project is here : https://github.com/VictorRos/reverse-factory

I also working on a small project which modify stack size of vanilla elements.
I will add it soon.

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

I also working on a small project which modify stack size of vanilla elements.
My BigBags mod already does that if you need...

Kryzeth
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Kryzeth »

Taniotoshi wrote: I just couldn't work on this recently.
If you had time to work on this, you can submit your modifications as a pull request on GitHub.
I can also add you on GitHub to work on the project if you want.
The last update was in February. I don't think that counts as "recently" by any stretch... and even 0.13 has been out for a few months now (it's already the current stable version, with 0.14 being the new experimental). I also assumed that since your last update was just the removal of any license, that you were officially releasing it to the public.

I am unfamiliar with using github (I know I should probably have learned it by now, but ehhh...) so I'm not entirely sure how to do... any of that.
You can probably tell that I have already updated and uploaded it to the new mod portal for 0.13, and updated it again just today for 0.14. If you are going to continue to update the mod, we should probably have to work something out...

I would like if I didn't have to take down my current version on the mod portal as it would reset the download count, and prevent people from updating properly (if necessary), but I also don't want to steal credit for the mod, if you are serious about continuing to support it. I am willing to figure out github, if need be.

Taniotoshi
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Taniotoshi »

For informations, I remove the license because of the mod I based my work : Recycling Plant.
The author send me a message to remove the MIT License because he dislikes MIT license.

For the question of credits, it doesn't matter ^^.
This is Factorio, a beautiful community which all mods are for everyone.
I basically wanted to make a better mod than Recycling by get all recipes and reverse them instead of write all recipes by hand.
That's the reason I work on it.

I work on the mod on someone else, and you do the same thing. That's how it's work.
I'm glad you carry on working on "Reverse Factory". you even keep the name :)

Now, I will just download it for playing with it and add a new number on the download count !
So keep your version on the portal mod ;)

I also put another mod "Stack Update" on the portal mod.

Kryzeth
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Kryzeth »

Taniotoshi wrote: So keep your version on the portal ;)
Wow, well thanks! I'm honored to be able to continue it, it's a really well-written and so useful mod :D

Return to “Mods”