[0.9.x] All Wuppy's Mods [May 17] Repair Pack MK2 Release

Topics and discussion about specific mods
wuppy29
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.9.x] All Wuppy's Mods [May 17] Repair Pack MK2 Release

Post by wuppy29 »

On here you can find all of the mods made by me.

Recent updates and plans
Plans
- Create a reinforced car
- Create roads

News
5-16-2014
- Released Repair Pack MK2

Repair Pack MK2
Are you also tired of having to use 10 repair tools to repair something? This mod adds a better repair tool which is both faster and can be used longer.

The recipe for the new Item.

Download it on my website right here

Reinforced Car
Are you tired of losing your car when you drive into a wall or a few trees? This mod adds, as the name suggests, a reinforced car which can take much more damage.
This is how you make it.
And this is what it looks like in the game.

Download it on my website right here

Help me
I need some help developing my mods. As you may have noticed by the textures, I'm not too great at making things look good. If you can create good looking textures for the content please tell me.

If you love these mods support me by downloading them or clicking the button above to donate some money to me.

Contacting me
If you would like to suggest things to one of my mods, want me to make a new mod, report a bug, want help with making mods, want general java help or if you just want to talk to me try contacting me on:
Wuppy29@gmail.com
You can also tweet at me over here.
Last edited by wuppy29 on Sat May 17, 2014 5:16 pm, edited 8 times in total.

jenova99sephiros
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.9.x] All Wuppy's Mods [Coming Soon]

Post by jenova99sephiros »

Last edited by jenova99sephiros on Thu Aug 17, 2023 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

wuppy29
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by wuppy29 »

I hope soon. There are 3 ideas which I'd like to implement. Two of them should be reasonably easy and the other almost a complete overwrite of the game so yeah....

Kyte
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Kyte »

1. Main forum is only for working mods. For the rest (guides, help, mod requests, wip mods, etc.) use the subforums.
Please put your thread to the Work in Progress Part of the Modding forum.

Just like mine which is also not (public) released yet :)

And also I want know which stuff you add. Maybe post your ideas inside here but first switch it to WIP Mods!

Greetings Kyte
My awesome mod! Dustcraft! (At the moment Work in Progress)
This mod adds Uranium, Atomic Power, Radiation, new type of cars and more!
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =32&t=3334

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.9.x] All Wuppy's Mods [5-16-2014] Repair Pack MK2 Rel

Post by ssilk »

Moved to the mods forum. :)

Btw off topic: an international date format is something like may 19, or may-19-2014 or 2014-05-19 (which is also sortable). A date like 4-10-2014 is in most European countries October 04. Just my 2 cents.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

wuppy29
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.9.x] All Wuppy's Mods [2014-5-17] Repair Pack MK2 Rel

Post by wuppy29 »

I wish I could but I'm already at the maximum allowed characters for the title.

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

wuppy29 wrote:I wish I could but I'm already at the maximum allowed characters for the title.
Do you really need the year in the title? Especially if this is going to be a thread for ALL of your mods then the date seems more like an update date than a 'released' date and so the year (hopefully) shouldn't matter too much and could be mentioned in the body if you feel it necessary (which, of course, then leaves characters in the title for a three character month abbreviation)

Btw, looking forward to seeing everything you create :D

wuppy29
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by wuppy29 »

FreeER wrote:
wuppy29 wrote:I wish I could but I'm already at the maximum allowed characters for the title.
Do you really need the year in the title? Especially if this is going to be a thread for ALL of your mods then the date seems more like an update date than a 'released' date and so the year (hopefully) shouldn't matter too much and could be mentioned in the body if you feel it necessary (which, of course, then leaves characters in the title for a three character month abbreviation)

Btw, looking forward to seeing everything you create :D
That is a very good idea. I'll do that.

The next think I'll be making is a reinforced car, because I messed up several cars driving into a few trees and several other things.

Vitduo
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.9.x] All Wuppy's Mods [May 17] Repair Pack MK2 Releas

Post by Vitduo »

I want car with energo shield ^_^

wuppy29
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by wuppy29 »

Vitduo wrote:I want car with energo shield ^_^
A what? And what should it do?

I've released the reinforced car mod. Unfortunately, the texture on the car isn't that good. Is there someone who could improve it for me?

Vitduo
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Vitduo »

wuppy29 wrote:
Vitduo wrote:I want car with energy shield ^_^
It should use his energy shield to prevent damage to HP of this car.
As energy shields in power armor, but integrated in car ;)
Ok, i will drive my new cool reinforced car :)

wuppy29
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by wuppy29 »

Vitduo wrote:
wuppy29 wrote:
Vitduo wrote:I want car with energy shield ^_^
It should use his energy shield to prevent damage to HP of this car.
As energy shields in power armor, but integrated in car ;)
Ok, i will drive my new cool reinforced car :)
I haven't gotten to the point in the game where I have power armor. Once I do I'll see if that is possible in a car.

ravage007
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ravage007 »

hey I'm just reporting a bug I might've found I've been playing with your mods but for some reason the mk2 repair tool has goofed up with the car research it puts the mk2 repair tool in their and takes out the carthe list of mods I have will be below

maybe it is clashes with the mod

AdvancedEquipment
ForceShield
Industrio
Inserters
Landfill
mopower
pipe-dream
Powerlimiter
quick-start
Reinforced Car
Repair Pack MK2
RoboCharge
scrapmod
Side-Inserters
TimeButtons

Just an added note I had this mod on a old game and it seemed to work just fine it just did this on a newly generated world

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

ravage007 wrote:hey I'm just reporting a bug I might've found I've been playing with your mods but for some reason the mk2 repair tool has goofed up with the car research it puts the mk2 repair tool in their and takes out the carthe list of mods I have will be below
Actually it's the reinforced car mod that did it, looks like a copy and paste since it's adding the repair tool and not the reinforced car...plus a bug in the fact that lua tables start at index 1 not index 0 (and thus Wuppy's method of adding the effect overwrites the last effect in the original table instead of adding a new one, the repair pack mod is actually overwriting the steel-axe in steel-processing with the repair pack mk2 as well).

anyways, if you extract the reinforced car mod and change the recipes.lua file (prototypes\recipe\recipe.lua, open with any text editor) from

Code: Select all

data.raw.technology['automobilism'].effects[#data.raw.technology['automobilism'].effects] = {type="unlock-recipe", recipe="repair-pack-mk2"}
to

table.insert(data.raw.technology['automobilism'].effects, {type="unlock-recipe", recipe="reinforced-car})
it'll work properly (you can rezip the files after making the change (overwrite/replace/update files if given the option by your archive manager) or delete the zip, your preference. Of course you'll need to load a save from before that research was completed or type this in the console (~) to actually unlock the reinforced car

game.player.force.recipes["reinforced-car"].enabled = true
the fix for the repair pack overwriting the steel axe is practically the same (except instead of ['automobilism'] use ['steel-processing'] and "repair-pack-mk2" instead of "reinforced-car", and for the console command swap out ["reinforced-car"] for ["steel-axe"]).

edit:
ravage007 wrote:Just an added note I had this mod on a old game and it seemed to work just fine it just did this on a newly generated world
that would be due to the migration files that Wuppy set up (which unlock the proper recipes if you'd already researched the tech)

tetkris
Inserter
Inserter

Post by tetkris »

ok , you added reinforced car super but maybe add reinforced machines and trees :D

orion420
Inserter
Inserter

Post by orion420 »

So i have encountered three issues using your mods. First your repair pack mk2 mod replaced the car as a reward in my tech tree when researching Automobilism. After turning off your mod Factorio crashed and i received this error "Error in assignID, 'repair-pack-mk2' was not recognized id of recipe." The game Crashes to desktop after this error! I was forced to open mod-list.json and made repair pack mk 2 "true" for the game to starts now, but im stuck with your mod! lastly Your repair pack is not used by construction robots in my game witch makes it all but useless to me or players late game.
My mod list
"DyTech-Graphics"
"ForceShield"
"Reinforced Car"
"Repair Pack MK2"
"RoboCharge"
"Side-Inserters"
"Treefarm-Mod"
"UpGrade"
"mopower"
"moweather"
"DyTech"
Treefarm-Caffeine-Addon"
"mocombat"
"scrapmod"
Attachments
Error.PNG
Error.PNG (205.39 KiB) Viewed 9442 times

CreeperDaReeper
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by CreeperDaReeper »

Getting a different error for each of your mods. I've tested each one individually, just to make sure.
Repair Pack Mk2 Error
Reinforced Car Error

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

CreeperDaReeper wrote:Repair Pack Mk2 Error
I did not get this error (even without unpacking) in 0.10.0, you could try extracting the zip (which should solve 'image not associated' errors).

However I went ahead and fixed the bug(s), since Wuppy seems to be busy, that caused these mods to overwrite a tech instead of just adding one and also fixed the bug in RC that caused the tech to try to unlock the Repair Pack mk2 instead of the car, which incidentally lead to an error if you didn't have the RP mod installed.
RP
RC
orion420 wrote:lastly Your repair pack is not used by construction robots
I would have 'fixed' this but construction robots use only a specific repair pack not any repair pack (no idea why that decision was made...), so doing so would require adding a second construction robot that used repair pack mk2 (which seems a little silly to me...), or modifying the base robot to use the repair pack mk2 (which I thought some people may not care for)...That's a simple one line change however, add to the data.lua file

data.raw["construction-robot"]["construction-robot"].repair_pack = "repair-pack-mk2"

CreeperDaReeper
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by CreeperDaReeper »

FreeER wrote:However I went ahead and fixed the bug(s), since Wuppy seems to be busy, that caused these mods to overwrite a tech instead of just adding one and also fixed the bug in RC that caused the tech to try to unlock the Repair Pack mk2 instead of the car, which incidentally lead to an error if you didn't have the RP mod installed.]

Thanks a bunch!

orion420
Inserter
Inserter

Post by orion420 »

orion420 wrote:lastly Your repair pack is not used by construction robots

I would have 'fixed' this but construction robots use only a specific repair pack not any repair pack (no idea why that decision was made...), so doing so would require adding a second construction robot that used repair pack mk2 (which seems a little silly to me...), or modifying the base robot to use the repair pack mk2 (which I thought some people may not care for)...That's a simple one line change however, add to the data.lua file

data.raw["construction-robot"]["construction-robot"].repair_pack = "repair-pack-mk2"
Thank you for the Fix FreeER Ive put all of your fixes to work and i have achieved a usable mod thank you. Another day another bug however, when reinforced cars are picked up by the player they are changed to Vanilla Cars. Not an issue if you dont pick them up but still just as annoying. I think i might upload all current fixes to date as a patch, if any one objects i can take it down. in no way am i suggesting i wish to take these mods form Wuppy.

Return to “Mods”