Where to find the ressources (stack size) ?

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
OldFritz
Inserter
Inserter

Where to find the ressources (stack size) ?

Post by OldFritz »

Salutations,

i wanted to adjust the stacksize of Stone & Coal and for the life of me, i can't find them in the base/core folder.

Could somebody help me out? :roll: ;)

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Where to find the ressources (stack size) ?

Post by steinio »

You can find the entries under Factorio\data\base\prototypes\item\demo-item.lua. Just change stack_size.
Better would be a mod to not alter base data. This could break the update routine.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

OldFritz
Inserter
Inserter

Post by OldFritz »

Thank you alot steinio! Oh boy, i would have never thought of looking inside the "demo" folders. By the name i guessed these are seperate folders for the demo-version of the game... oh boy :roll:

I play the longest time with big bags (like quite many), but i never came to the step of a mega factory (due to new mods coming out, game version changes - i always do a new map *g*), so what do you mean exactly by messing up the update routine? Is it something to concern under specific circumstances?

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

OldFritz wrote:Thank you alot steinio! Oh boy, i would have never thought of looking inside the "demo" folders. By the name i guessed these are seperate folders for the demo-version of the game... oh boy :roll:

I play the longest time with big bags (like quite many), but i never came to the step of a mega factory (due to new mods coming out, game version changes - i always do a new map *g*), so what do you mean exactly by messing up the update routine? Is it something to concern under specific circumstances?
Editing any of base game files might cause update to fail since they use diff's for updates.

OldFritz
Inserter
Inserter

Post by OldFritz »

Ah you both ment game updates. Well, that sure seems logical. Hopefully this won't be the case for me. *g* "At least" this is the only instance of fumbling with core settings.

Thanks for explaining it. ;)

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

OldFritz wrote:Ah you both ment game updates. Well, that sure seems logical. Hopefully this won't be the case for me. *g* "At least" this is the only instance of fumbling with core settings.

Thanks for explaining it. ;)
You're welcome.
Save a backup of the file in a save place just for the case.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Return to “Modding help”