Changing logistic-radius color

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
acryinshame
Inserter
Inserter

Changing logistic-radius color

Post by acryinshame »

I am trying to find a way to change the color of visualization-logistic-radius (this is a graphic in core) by assigning what ever loads this file to another files of a different color. This use to be part of the Robot-port entity but it is no longer. To get an idea of what I am trying to do see this old post ( viewtopic.php?f=86&t=3757&hilit=colorblind ) . Right now I am just manually replacing the file but I think a mod would be nice for others who don't want to directly replace files. Being color blind this change is NEEDED otherwise I can't see the difference between build range and Logistic range.
ACryInShame
Image Image Image

aubergine18
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Changing logistic-radius color

Post by aubergine18 »

Most image tables accept a `tint` property which is a LuaColor table. This means you could create a small mod that just tints the existing images via data.lua.

However, for roboports, it seems the images aren't specified in the prototype so no idea how to tint them programatically. :/
Better forum search for modders: Enclose your search term in quotes, eg. "font_color" or "custom-input" - it prevents the forum search from splitting on hypens and underscores, resulting in much more accurate results.

acryinshame
Inserter
Inserter

Post by acryinshame »

That was the exact issue i was running into. Even looking into colors it didn't seem to be something I could change. The color assigning went from being part of the RoboPort entity to being a core part of Factorio that we can't do anything to. There is an added line to turn the color radius on and off (you can see the build-radius and logic-radius = true in the code) but you can't change the color form what I can tell unless I am missing something.
ACryInShame
Image Image Image

acryinshame
Inserter
Inserter

Post by acryinshame »

Anyone have any info that could help me out? As stated i manually changed the graphic in Factorio/core folder but if it can be modded instead it would be great.
ACryInShame
Image Image Image

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

There's no way to do it with a mod in 0.14. In 0.15 you can change it by re-defining what image is used for all roboports in a mod.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

acryinshame
Inserter
Inserter

Post by acryinshame »

Rseding91 wrote:There's no way to do it with a mod in 0.14. In 0.15 you can change it by re-defining what image is used for all roboports in a mod.
Thank you for the reply. I'll wait for 0.15 to create a Color-Blind Mod then. Thank you for the heads up I really appreciate it.
ACryInShame
Image Image Image

Return to “Modding help”