Updating failed, no error message [RESOLVED]

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
realm174
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Updating failed, no error message [RESOLVED]

Post by realm174 »

So I run Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (64-bit). I have gone through a few of the Factorio (the downloaded version) updates with no problem in the past. In this case, when I start Factorio 0.13.17, it goes through the usual loading things, then comes up the Automatic updates window, stating I am running core-linux64 0.13.17, and that 0.13.18 is available. I click the "Update Now" button, and it downloads (completed successfully I am guessing, based on the progress bar that reaches the end). It downloads the file core-linux64-1.13.17-0.13.18-Update.zip, then, Factorio just closes, nothing else happens. I can restart that process repeatedly, with the same result each time. Any idea what's happening?

Edit: The file gets downloaded into the factorio/temp folder, and I can see it there while the download process is taking place, but when Factorio closes, the file is removed from that folder as well.

Edit #2: In case someone else has the same problem.. I just remembered, I had renamed the factorio file recently. I renamed it back to it's original name, and everything went just fine :) Sorry about the dumb moment. Believe me, age will do that to you sooner or later..

Return to “Technical Help”