Cannot launch the game on flatpak-steam

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
griffin
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Cannot launch the game on flatpak-steam

Post by griffin »

I use Arch Linux, I have steam installed via flatpak and I cannot launch the game. First it shows a Steam Cloud Error. This is the log when it is trying to sync steam:

Code: Select all

src/clientdll/remotestoragefilesynccontext.cpp (947) : Assertion Failed: Failed to write file after download (2)
src/clientdll/remotestoragefilesynccontext.cpp (947) : Assertion Failed: Failed to write file after download (2)
If I disable the cloud sync and try to launch it, it doesn't starts. The log is:

src/clientdll/autocloud.cpp (509) : Assertion Failed: AutoCloud failed to write session info to /home/steam/.factorio/saves//steam_autocloud.vdf
src/clientdll/autocloud.cpp (509) : Assertion Failed: AutoCloud failed to write session info to /home/steam/.factorio/saves//steam_autocloud.vdf
/bin/sh\0-c\0/home/steam/.var/app/com.valvesoftware.Steam/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/reaper SteamLaunch AppId=427520 -- /home/steam/.var/app/com.valvesoftware.Steam/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-launch-wrapper -- '/home/steam/.var/app/com.valvesoftware.Steam/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Factorio/bin/x64/factorio'\0
chdir "/home/steam/.var/app/com.valvesoftware.Steam/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Factorio"
ERROR: ld.so: object '/home/steam/.var/app/com.valvesoftware.Steam/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/gameoverlayrenderer.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32): ignored.
ERROR: ld.so: object '/home/steam/.var/app/com.valvesoftware.Steam/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_64/gameoverlayrenderer.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64): ignored.
ERROR: ld.so: object '/home/steam/.var/app/com.valvesoftware.Steam/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/gameoverlayrenderer.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32): ignored.
   0.000 Initializing Steam API.
[S_API] SteamAPI_Init(): Loaded '/home/steam/.var/app/com.valvesoftware.Steam/.local/share/Steam/linux64/steamclient.so' OK.
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 427520
SteamInternal_SetMinidumpSteamID:  Caching Steam ID:  76561198101234890 [API loaded no]
   0.000 Error Util.cpp:86: filesystem error: cannot create directory: Permission denied [/home/steam/.factorio]
path1: /home/steam/.factorio
This option is not available. Please see --help for all possible usages.
   0.000 Error MessageDialog.cpp:218: Unable to show message dialog. SDL Error: [zenity reported error or failed to launch: 255]
   0.000 Steam API shutdown.
   0.000 Goodbye
WARNING: discarding _NET_WM_PID 1115 as invalid for X11 window - use specialized XCB_X11_TO_PID function!
WARNING: discarding _NET_WM_PID 1115 as invalid for X11 window - use specialized XCB_X11_TO_PID function!
WARNING: discarding _NET_WM_PID 1126 as invalid for X11 window - use specialized XCB_X11_TO_PID function!
WARNING: discarding _NET_WM_PID 1938 as invalid for X11 window - use specialized XCB_X11_TO_PID function!
WARNING: discarding _NET_WM_PID 16134 as invalid for X11 window - use specialized XCB_X11_TO_PID function!
WARNING: discarding _NET_WM_PID 16134 as invalid for X11 window - use specialized XCB_X11_TO_PID function!
WARNING: discarding _NET_WM_PID 1126 as invalid for X11 window - use specialized XCB_X11_TO_PID function!
WARNING: discarding _NET_WM_PID 1938 as invalid for X11 window - use specialized XCB_X11_TO_PID function!
Game 427520 created interface STEAMUSERSTATS_INTERFACE_VERSION012 / 
Game 427520 created interface SteamUser023 / User
Game 427520 created interface SteamUtils010 / 
Game 427520 method call count for IClientUserStats::RequestCurrentStats : 1
Game 427520 method call count for IClientUtils::RecordSteamInterfaceCreation : 3
Game 427520 method call count for IClientUtils::GetAppID : 4
Game 427520 method call count for IClientUser::GetSteamID : 1
Uploaded AppInterfaceStats to Steam

I assume this is caused by the sandboxing of flatpak, its apps only have access to ~/.var/app/, and Factorio is trying to write directly into my home folder. How can I override this behaviour and force it to write his stuff into his install folder instead of my home folder? I want to keep steam and its apps sanboxed and separated from the rest of my system, all my other games work like that, but Factorio is the only one that is having problems.

I tried adding to the launch options the following:

--config=/home/steam/.var/app/com.valvesoftware.Steam/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/config/factorio

to force it to write it there, but it's still not working, showing the same errors.

griffin
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Cannot launch the game on flatpak-steam

Post by griffin »

Found a solution. Creating manually the folder /home/steam/.var/app/com.valvesoftware.Steam/.factorio and giving ownership of it to the current user running the game, seems to fix the problem.

Return to “Technical Help”