[0.15.X] Heat Exchangers in strange states.

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
zBeeble
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.15.X] Heat Exchangers in strange states.

Post by zBeeble »

I've been playing a 0.15.X game that I started a day or two after 0.15 dropped... so it's gone through most of the revisions. I've had nuclear power with a set of 4 reactors elsewhere on the map for 80% of that time. I've loaded a mod that puts requester and provider chests on the reactors, so I'm trying a setup with 9 (mostly to power the matter-goo things that take 100 MW each). Heh... it should produce just a bit more that 1.21 jig-a-watts (1.3 something by my calculations). Anyways, I"m just testing this new config and some of the heat exchangers have no steam bar (or it's empty) even though the exchanger in question is > 500C and the pipe is full of water. I've even tried taking them up and putting them back down again. I'm going to include 5 pics of mouseovers ... I think only 1 of the 5 is normal.
pics
Attachments
a15_mod_AB_79.zip
My save file.
(14.86 MiB) Downloaded 53 times
factorio-current.log
My log file
(9.24 KiB) Downloaded 59 times

Shokubai
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.15.X] Heat Exchangers in strange states.

Post by Shokubai »

Im going to load your save but off the top of my head I would say there is no room in the pipe to output steam. Steam INSIDE the heat exchanger means it cant push it out. This also means your missing power has nothing to do with your heat exchangers as you have more steam than you can use. A pump to "pull" the steam out and press it forward might help.

Looks like one issue is many of your engines are not connected to steam at all. 48 of them to be exact.

I am also not completely up to speed on the density of pipes and throughput of steam storage BUT you may be throttling your steam throughput by running it through chained tanks with 0 pumps.

You also need some way to shut off your reactors based on stored steam. Typically this is a circuit condition on the fuel inserter but your mod would restrict that. If you have more u-235 then you could ever use it probably doesn't matter but something to think about.

Return to “Technical Help”