Factorio 0.15.18

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
ghostly99012
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Factorio 0.15.18

Post by ghostly99012 »

Hi!
I have recently decided to update to factorio 0.15.18 but haven't been able to play the game with this update due to the fact that the game doesn't open. I open it in steam and the listing in my library says - Running - then it stops and it never opens. (I can see factorio open for a split-second in task manager)

I have the log Here;
Log
But I am no wizard and have no idea about what any of this means!

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Factorio 0.15.18

Post by daniel34 »

Some third-party software is interfering with the Steam version of Factorio.

If you use Razer Synapse then close it (killing the process might be further required).
If you use Trend Micro AV/Security then see this thread.
If you use Comodo AV/Security then add an exception ("Exclusion") for Factorio.

Otherwise what AV/Security have you installed and do you use any other gaming-related third-party software (OSD screens, overclocking utilities, mouse/keyboard utilities)?

The log itself is useless (old log from 0.14.23) since Factorio never gets to the point where it creates a new log file.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Factorie
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Factorie »

daniel34 wrote:Some third-party software is interfering with the Steam version of Factorio.

If you use Razer Synapse then close it (killing the process might be further required).
If you use Trend Micro AV/Security then see this thread.
If you use Comodo AV/Security then add an exception ("Exclusion") for Factorio.

Otherwise what AV/Security have you installed and do you use any other gaming-related third-party software (OSD screens, overclocking utilities, mouse/keyboard utilities)?

The log itself is useless (old log from 0.14.23) since Factorio never gets to the point where it creates a new log file.
Not OP but what does Razer Synapse do that causes issues with Factorio? I personally don't have any and have Synapse always running. Should I close it for now on?

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

If Factorio runs fine, then no need to close Razer Synapse. It just happens that sometimes, it prevents Factorio from running at all.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

quite interesting, that i never thought about that, until i read this thread. i had microstutters sometimes in regular intervals. it was not always, when i started game, but sometimes, and even restarting game didn't help, only restarting computer ;)

i ruled antivirus, web browsers, streaming and other stuff long time ago, so i was kinda lost, why this could happen.

last time it did happen (yesterday) i tried to close synapse, and it did indeed helped. even i started it again, it did not pop back. so there is something in synapse that might interfere with game. (i have razer keyboard and mouse)

it's possible it happeens only if it accumulates huge number of input samples (since my computer is running 24/7, and usually weeks without restart, it's possible - i still use windows 7, so there are not microsoft forced restarts :mrgreen: )

what's more interesting on this, it also affected network game (if i hosted game, all people had microstutters, if i joined game, only i had them)

Shokubai
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Shokubai »

For the laymans version. Just reboot and try again. Otherwise kill steam and factorio in task manager. If still having issues kill other non essential apps til you find the conflict.

Factorie
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Factorie »

Koub wrote:If Factorio runs fine, then no need to close Razer Synapse. It just happens that sometimes, it prevents Factorio from running at all.
Good, gotta have my precise DPI for Factorio :p

Return to “Technical Help”