Suggestion

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

eberkain
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Suggestion

Post by eberkain »

I want to start by saying thank you for making and maintaining these mods, Factorio is great in stock and this collection just takes it to another level. Like no other game I've ever seen or played.

I have been abusing the adjustable inserters mod as of late, it really opens the game up and lets you have freedom in building production lines more compact than I ever considered possible before. I wish I had the same level of control over splitters. A popup config panel like the one for inserters that would allow me to control which input lanes went to which output lanes, maybe even some filtering functionality, so [X] items go into this output lane, and [Y] items go to this other output lane. Also, maybe an adjustable flow rate, so instead of a splitter always just sending 50% of the input down both outputs it could send 20% down one and 80% down the other side. So many possibilities in a system like that and would greatly simplify many of my rather complex belt intersections.

Hopefully this post isn't out of line for the forum. Just wasn't sure where else to post.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Suggestion

Post by bobingabout »

Configurable splitter. Although technically possible, it has been done before, it requires massive lag inducing scripting, as it involves monitoring every instance of a splitter and performing teleportation magic on anything that passes through. That's basically an area I do not want to move into, it goes against the promise of my my mods.

Configurable inserters on the other hand is possible because once the inserter is configured, the base game handles the rest, the scripting required to configure an inserter is non-intrusive, and relatively passive (no active scripts running), as all it does it present you with a GUI, and tweak some values when you press buttons, That the game naturally allows you to modify.

If the base game offered natural methods to configure splitters in a similar manner that you can configure inserters, then I'd jump at the chance to do it.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Bob's mods”