[0.12.x][v0.12.12] Bob's Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Which of the new v0.7 additions do you like the best?

Advanced Electronics 3 with CPUs
25%
The Nitrogen/Ceramic chain
17%
The new Pumps and barrel/bottle recipes
11%
The new types of pipes
11%
Factory reballancing
14%
The new Electrolyser graphics!
23%

Total votes: 234

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.11.22/0.12.x][v0.12.5] Bob's Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates

Post by aklesey1 »

I remembered what want to ask too - where to use big amounts of oxygen if i don't use nitric acid and below? Because nickel is crafting some slow
And where to use electrum now? - gold + silver
I couldn't find recipies with electrum, may be you forgot about electrum for some when you reworked recipie system for any updates of your mods?
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Oxygen... I would have to look it up. It's also one reason why you have alternate electrolysis recipe that doesn't produce Oxygen.
Electrum was mostly added because it was in DyTech at the time, it is used in a couple of places, but I can't remember where. It is not a very useful real world material, it is a natural ore and is actually mostly used to create silver and gold.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

lucy
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by lucy »

Hi there!

I have some trouble with the MCI and ore mod. I started out using both mods but was kinda overwhelmed with all the new ores so I decided do deactivate the ores mod. It seemed to migrate quite well but now Im stuck. Theres only the vanilla ores left, and Im not sure if its supposed to be like that. I cant for the life of me get my hands on some led, silver or tin. I got some tin plates left from the ores mod but thats it.

whats happening to me :o

Thanks for any help!

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

You need the ores mod to get the raw materials. The reason why it is optional is because there have been alternate means to get most of these materials, such as from DyTech.

You will need to not only re-add the ores mod, but also run a regenerate_entity command for all the ores. info on the first post of the ores mod thread. https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =51&t=3797
I also have a Patreon.

lucy
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by lucy »

#update
ok so I opened the lua console - cause i guessed this is where I had to run the code in. I used the code in the thread you linked for v12.x (Im running 12.7 atm). But nothing spawned. so I saved and restarted the whole game (ores mod had been enabled all the time), loaded the save but still no new ores. Am I doing something wring?

cheers!

#

oh, I see!

thanks a bunch for the explanation - and for the nice mod!

take care!

Athmagor
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Athmagor »

bobingabout wrote:Oxygen... I would have to look it up. It's also one reason why you have alternate electrolysis recipe that doesn't produce Oxygen.
Oxygen is used to make:
* Lead oxide -> Lead plates (alternative recipe)
* Nickel plates (used in roboport antennas, invar, nitinol and tungsten plates)
* Nitrogen dioxide -> nitric acid
bobingabout wrote:Electrum was mostly added because it was in DyTech at the time, it is used in a couple of places, but I can't remember where. It is not a very useful real world material, it is a natural ore and is actually mostly used to create silver and gold.
Electrum is used only in top-level solar panels.

Small bug report - in the plates_12.5 you forgot to add a locale for silver-from-lead recipe.

Ath

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Athmagor wrote:Small bug report - in the plates_12.5 you forgot to add a locale for silver-from-lead recipe.
Fixed for next release. I was doing updates to that mod anyway so there's no real reason why I shouldn't fix it.

my current main focus is working on the new ores mod functions, to make them even more useful and deverse, such as allowing you to create a resource similar to oil.
Also updating some of the other features, like adding the productivity limitations to plates mod (and eventually others)
I also have a Patreon.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.11.22/0.12.x][v0.12.6] Bob's Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates

Post by orzelek »

You have small typo in 0.12.6 which prevents game from starting up.
It's at line 38 - there is intermediate twice while second one should be intermediates to iterate through them.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.11.22/0.12.x][v0.12.7] Bob's Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates

Post by bobingabout »

Fixed.
v0.12.7
* Fixed a critical bug with the productivity intermediate limitations functions that prevented loading
* Deleted redundant chemical plant graphics.
I also have a Patreon.

TrollofReason
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.11.22/0.12.x][v0.12.8] Bob's Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates

Post by TrollofReason »

Hello again!

Could-uhm, there be something similar to the venting pump, but for solid and liquid byproducts? Again, I don't know if you have something in the works already, but a chemical incinerator would be fantastic for my sodium hydroxide problem. I could make more aluminum, true, but I don't have much use for it after creating 1000+ mk2 robots, only 150-250 of which I really use at any given time. Pollution isn't an issue for me, as I'm rather good at understanding an effective defense and have set up a multi-layered turret network, and my map is rather... wet and fractured, which limits the swarms' movement to specific choke-points.

eidalac
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by eidalac »

I had noticed that as of the 12.8 update, I can make a Cobalt Pick with just steel, not cobalt steel. Haven't see it with any other items that call for cobalt steel, but I didn't see may.

Couldn't see anything in the configs that would affect it, but did update during a current game, so I don't know if that could have messed something up.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

eidalac wrote:I had noticed that as of the 12.8 update, I can make a Cobalt Pick with just steel, not cobalt steel. Haven't see it with any other items that call for cobalt steel, but I didn't see may.

Couldn't see anything in the configs that would affect it, but did update during a current game, so I don't know if that could have messed something up.
There was an error in the mining mod. I released a fix for this on the 10th.
I also have a Patreon.

Colossus
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Colossus »

Ran into a slight issue last night with smart inserters detecting empty canisters on the logistic network.

I was trying to set it up to make canisters while there were less than 50 empty on the network. I tried it on both sides, set to put resources in when <50 and set to pull canisters out when <50, but neither functioned unless it was just a simple filter.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

i don't change the original smart inserter, and the empty canister is just an item... so this sounds more like a base game issue, or you're just doing it wrong.

Even my extra smart inserters are just clones of the base game smart inserter with a few numbers tweaked.
I also have a Patreon.

Colossus
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Colossus »

I'll see if I can narrow it down later tonight, I set up the assemblers the same way I had done every other item and this was the only thing I had an issue with.

suprnova74
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.11.22/0.12.x][v0.12.9] Bob's Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates

Post by suprnova74 »

When you get a chance, please modify the level 1 technologies added to not be flagged as an upgrade, unless it breaks something? It messes some of the filtering with the research-queue mod and I don't think they're technically an upgrade at level 1 :)

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

suprnova74 wrote:When you get a chance, please modify the level 1 technologies added to not be flagged as an upgrade, unless it breaks something? It messes some of the filtering with the research-queue mod and I don't think they're technically an upgrade at level 1 :)
The reason why they are set as upgrade, is if they are not, then they remain on the list separate when you research level 2.

Think as level 1 upgrade as more of being upgradable, the tag should be on the entire chain to link it as a single icon on the tree with multiple levels.
I also have a Patreon.

MainTango
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MainTango »

I'm having trouble getting rid of my surplus of sulfur dioxide. I strapped a gas venting pump on a storage tank but the pump is not venting it out. It's working fine with the other gases. What am I missing?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

MainTango wrote:I'm having trouble getting rid of my surplus of sulfur dioxide. I strapped a gas venting pump on a storage tank but the pump is not venting it out. It's working fine with the other gases. What am I missing?
Sulphur Dioxide isn't a Gas, it's a Liquid, it doesn't vent. You need to use a chemical lab to turn it into either Sulfur, or Sulfuric Acid, each of which already have plenty of uses.
I also have a Patreon.

MainTango
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MainTango »

bobingabout wrote: Sulphur Dioxide isn't a Gas, it's a Liquid, it doesn't vent. You need to use a chemical lab to turn it into either Sulfur, or Sulfuric Acid, each of which already have plenty of uses.
Aw, I thought it's a gas. Thanks.

Return to “Bob's mods”