When placing a blueprint, conflicting power poles aren't highlighted in red

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

martinvw
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

When placing a blueprint, conflicting power poles aren't highlighted in red

Post by martinvw »

Normally, when placing a blueprint over existing entities, the conflicting entities are displayed in red on the map view. For example, when I create a blueprint of these pipes, and attempt to place them over this existing assembling machine:

the map view will highlight the conflict in red:

The same doesn't work for power poles (and I *think* this used to work some time ago...?):

The collision detection works when attempting to place the blueprint ("small electric pole is in the way"), but without the highlights, it's really hard to tell where the conflicts are when placing a large blueprint.

I have attached the sandbox save file, but it's really just a newly created sandbox without any mods with the entities placed as shown.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(7.08 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
power-pole-highlight-bug.zip
(3.73 MiB) Downloaded 8 times

martinvw
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [1.1.107] When placing a blueprint, conflicting power poles aren't highlighted in red

Post by martinvw »

and I *think* this used to work some time ago...?
Apparently that has been my imagination. I downgraded to Factorio 1.0.0, and it doesn't work there either.

Genhis
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.107] When placing a blueprint, conflicting power poles aren't highlighted in red

Post by Genhis »

Thanks for the report, I don't think it is a bug. You have electric networks overlay enabled which renders above entities in cursor. Entities in cursor change their color depending on if they are buildable. You can see some red pixels poking through the overlay.

martinvw
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by martinvw »

Thanks for the report, I don't think it is a bug. You have electric networks overlay enabled which renders above entities in cursor.
Oooh, you're right, I hadn't noticed that. Without the overlay enabled it does indeed work; that's probably why I remembered that this is supposed to work. Could the topic be moved to Ideas and Suggestions - I still think that the conflict red should have higher priority than the electric network overlay?

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”