Tested with 0.12.29
(65.61 KiB) Downloaded 214 times
SignPosts_0.2.0.zip
Tested with 0.12.11
(5.85 KiB) Downloaded 462 times
SignPosts_0.1.0.zip
Tested with 0.12.4
(5.84 KiB) Downloaded 352 times
Last edited by Adil on Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:24 pm, edited 11 times in total.
I do mods. Modding wiki is friend, it teaches how to mod. Api docs is friend too...
I also update mods, some of them even work.
Recently I did a mod tutorial.

Darloth
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.12.x] SignPosts_0.1.0

Post by Darloth »

Do these show on the map? If not, can you add a signpost type that also shows up on the map?

hitzu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hitzu »

Can you make that the text was centered?

Adil
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Adil »

Darloth wrote:Do these show on the map? If not, can you add a signpost type that also shows up on the map?
No. Use trainstops for those. Anything I could do would be a trainstop. With all the same rail requirements and stuff.
hitzu wrote:Can you make that the text was centered?
No I can't. Not for every zoom. I could determine initial offset depending of the string length, but a you roll mousewheel text would stay same size and the offset would get smaller. The game doesn't have anything better for now.
I do mods. Modding wiki is friend, it teaches how to mod. Api docs is friend too...

Zeeth_Kyrah
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] SignPosts_0.1.0

Post by Zeeth_Kyrah »

This is exactly what the game needs! A way to mark things without dropping materials on the ground. Thank you so much, I'm gonna add it to my game right now! :D
Planned projects: Energy Crystals Plus, Minor Fluid Handling, Small electric furnaces
(high-energy materials and assembler, fluid void burner and small tank, tiny and slow furnaces with charcoal)

eberkain
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by eberkain »

Adil wrote:No I can't. Not for every zoom. I could determine initial offset depending of the string length, but a you roll mousewheel text would stay same size and the offset would get smaller. The game doesn't have anything better for now.
Instead of the signpost you have now, what about making it look like a street sign with the sign hanging off only on one side, then you could left align the text to the pole and dodge that problem.

socramazibi
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] SignPosts_0.2.0 (17.10.15)

Post by socramazibi »

Hello, and removed a poster but the name is still seen and even the sign is no longer, as I elimiarlo? Thank you

imajor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by imajor »

What about adding a timer to the sign? So that the game would give you a warning or something after like 10 minutes? Like it was in settlers 1.

Mengmoshu
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Mengmoshu »

Any interest in adding some sort of option for signs you can only read when you interact with them? Something where long messages would be practical, since I'm thinking about the usefulness of signs in multiplayer.

Porter65
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Porter65 »

Wanted to thank you for this mod, it makes taking notes much easier!

Adil
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] SignPosts_0.3.0 (26.03.16)

Post by Adil »

SignPosts_0.3.0 released. Overhauled the underlying code. New entities, Simplified recipes. Utility commands for console.
Migration from version 0.2.0 is supported. (Remove old mod folder, put new in, boot the game, load save.)

Adil
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] SignPosts_0.3.0 (26.03.16)

Post by Adil »

Quick update: Technology icon was borked. Sorry those people who downloaded already. You probably can still play on that version if that's not an issue.

Adil
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] SignPosts_0.3.2 (16.04.16)

Post by Adil »

Sometimes you look at the code and think "what moron typed this?" and then the problem is that you're coding alone. Bugfix for adding a mod to an existing game has arrived.

JasonC
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JasonC »

This is great.

Small bug report: Construction robots actually can mine them, and it leaves the floating text (workaround described in OP works fine though).

Feature request: Graphical signs that display a detail-mode style entity icon instead of text (although it'd be kind of funny to have to research "writing" to draw pictures, but I love that this character can build automated factories from scratch alone on a planet yet still needs to research how to write :lol:). Bonus if they have 1 or 2 squares of glowing light around them at night (like a boiler).
Adil wrote:Sometimes you look at the code and think "what moron typed this?" and then the problem is that you're coding alone.
You can solve that by just saying "remember, I'm the moron that typed this" before you look at some code. Then you never have to ask, you just get to be pleasantly surprised if it turns out the author wasn't you. Set your expectations low and they'll always be exceeded. That's what I do anyways. :lol:
Took a break from 0.12.29 to 0.17.79, and then to ... oh god now it's 1.something. I never know what's happening.

Adil
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Adil »

JasonC wrote:Small bug report: Construction robots actually can mine them, and it leaves the floating text (workaround described in OP works fine though).
Right. The fixed version is released
Sometime in the future maybe. I'm currently preoccupied with another project, the feature entails hacks I derive no pleasure about, and worst of all: it needs a gui. I hate coding gui.

justarandomgeek
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] SignPosts_0.3.3 (18.04.16)

Post by justarandomgeek »

I had a signpost destroyed by one of the elevators from the Subsurface mod (Because I wasn't careful with my placement - it just destroys anything that's in its way on the surface it's connecting to), and the text is still floating where it used to be, is there an easy way for me to get the text object and destroy it? Edit: I'm stupid and didn't expand all the sections of the first post.

Also, I've been using signposts to label parts of my CPU build, and it would be really handy for them to be blueprintable and bot-placable so I can move/copy sections without having to redo dozens of signs by hand! Is there more to this than just setting some flags? Even just having blank signs in the right places would help, since that removes about half of the clicking...

Adil
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] SignPosts_0.3.3 (18.04.16)

Post by Adil »

Yes there is. The transition of custom data is not easily solved currently. Maybe 0.13.0 will make it better.
The placement of signs by bots is done now.
If as sign is built by bot and hasn't been touched by player yet, it can be marked to be deconstructed.

justarandomgeek
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] SignPosts_0.3.4 (6.06.16)

This version now gives me the sign-edit dialog when I deconstruct anything by hand. If I select Write or Cancel, the thing i removed is replaced with a sign.

Adil
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] SignPosts_0.3.5 (12.06.16)

Post by Adil »

Right, I've fixed that.

justarandomgeek
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] SignPosts_0.3.5 (12.06.16)

Do you have any plans to bring this to 0.13?If not, can you please clarify the license? If it's permissive enough, I'll see what I can do about updating :) (Edit: I'm blind. CC-NA is good!)

Return to “Mods”