Game crashes upon loading

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
AngelsTomatoes
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Game crashes upon loading

Post by AngelsTomatoes »

Hello, first time posting here. I've run into a problem where none of my save files will load up; it immediately quits the game when it's finished loading with no explanation or error message. I've never had this problem before, it just started randomly last week.

I've tried rolling back to a previous version - I'm on 1.1.107 currently - and also reinstalling the game, but it's still the same. Any ideas what could be wrong? Thanks.

https://pastebin.com/H9VFjYHn

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Game crashes upon loading

Post by Loewchen »

Try restarting the system and close all other programs before starting the game.

AngelsTomatoes
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by AngelsTomatoes »

I tried that, and unfortunately stillt he same. :(

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Open the mod-list.json in the mods folder and set all mods but the base mod to "enabled": false, save the file, start the game. If it still crashes, post the new log.

AngelsTomatoes
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by AngelsTomatoes »

Ok, that worked! :D I guess now I have to go through every single individual mod to find out which one's causing the trouble, lol! Thanks though!

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Might not be a specific mod and you are just running out of memory.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

You should try watching your computer's ram usage during this and see what happens.

But if it is a specific mod, you can do the half at a time method: load with only half of the mods enabled; if the problem does not happen, then the issue is in the other half. Which ever half is causing the problem, load half of those. Rinse & repeat. Faster than going through one by one.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles | New Gear Girl & HR Graphics

AngelsTomatoes
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by AngelsTomatoes »

I managed to sort it; it wasn't a specific mod but it gave me the opportunity to prune out some of the ones I really don't need or don't add anything to the game at this stage, and now it's running a lot better with no more crashes. :fingerscrossed:

Return to “Technical Help”